The other day, my friend informed me that 11/12/2013 was a few days away. Honestly, I hadn’t thought about the date until then, but when she told me I wanted to do something memorable. I instantly said, ‘Hey! Wouldn’t it be cool if I finished my memoir?’ We agreed it would! But, being a realist I accepted the truth and told my friend that finishing it was an improbability. Now that I think about it, we discussed this all while finishing the photo for the memoir’s cover! Backwards?!
Anyway, this morning I woke up, checked the time and noticed the date. I then began to wonder: What are the odds? I began a quick Google search, but didn’t quickly find the answer and decided it might be more fun to play with the odds than to record them. So, here I go with the flow: 11-12-13…14!
I have no idea what the odds are of 11-12-13 occurring on our calendar, but I do know it is a rare occasion in the 21st century. These mathematical occurrences don’t happen often and are spaced many years apart. So, here are a few fun ideas on how you can enjoy a rare day!
14 things you can do on 11-12-13
- Spend 14 minutes giving God thanks for specific things or people in your life and reading Scripture.
- Send 14 friends or family you haven’t talked to in awhile an email or text to let them know you love and appreciate them.
- Spend 14 minutes indulging in a book you just haven’t had the chance to read. This can be family read out loud time!
- Allow yourself 14 little treats–or 1/4 cup.
- If you have kids, tell them THEY are going to be able to make a family decision. Announce that you’ll all have 14 uninterrupted minutes of family fun time. NO CELL PHONES, COMPUTERS, OR TEXTING ALLOWED! Give them 14 minutes to decide, then GO with it!
- Take a 14 minute walk.
- Spend 14 minutes indulging in a hobby you haven’t had a chance to enjoy!
- Exercise for 14 minutes.
- Do 14 NON selfish gestures for others. Keep count! Open a door, let someone get in line in front of you,…
- Set a timer for 14 minutes and do some Fall Cleaning!
- Set a timer for 14 minutes and clean out that drawer or closet you’ve been wanting to get too.
- Call an older person and check on them. I don’t dare say 14 minutes.
- Sing your favorite, most uplifting songs for 14 minutes straight!
- Donate $14 to disaster relief in the Phillipines, or a hunger relief program that serves the US and/or overseas.
- Spend 14 minutes writing a fun list of 14 things you’d like to do today! (Okay, that’s 15 items! I know! Couldn’t resist!)
Ooops! My timer just went off. Yep, you guessed it! It was for set for 14 minutes! I kinda went over…but before I go, please note that many of these items can be a family event or something you enjoy with friends! If you go over the time limit, stay in the moment, you are probably enjoying yourself! Whatever you choose to do, have fun with 11-12-13! If you’ve liked this post and some of the tips, check out my Nisti K News page on Facebook. If you like it, please “LIKE” it! My goal was to help 14 people have a little more love in their day! Hope I succeeded! If I did, please let me know!~Nisti K
By the way, although I can’t finish the memoir by midnight tonight, this post has been listed as an official Nisti K Delgroothe Mission–#11-12-13-14. That’s a good mission for today!